Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Celebrating New Year with My Other Family (Garcia-Macabale Clan)

Traditionally, we celebrate holidays with our immediate family, yet it's really thoughtful of your significant other's family to have you invited to join them in an annual intimate celebration like this. 
So, why not join them and know them better?

In a span of 5 years, this was my second time spending New Year with them. The first was December 31st 2009 welcoming Year 2010.


 My boyfriend's (Johnnas) Papang, Mamang, and younger brothers: Jay-Jay, Bea, and Deo.


 Goofing around as Minnie and Minnie? 




His Kuya Jad


Papang and Mamang 


We won in the "Mummy Making" contest.


The whole community in their area, Palmera Woodlands Subdivision (their street, particularly), celebrated as one big family to welcome 2013. 

There were games, raffle,and  exchanging gifts.



 The LECHON donated by a generous neighbor.


Before 12 midnight, we have started eating. 


A buffet table was set outside the house along the street.


Enjoying Mamang's Lumpiang Shanghai


Welcome 2013!









 My future brothers-in-law



This is a comparison between our pictures taken last Dec. 2009 and Dec. 2012.
They have grown and I was left behind!


In the morning of the first day of January 2013, we drove to Las Pinas to visit Mamang's family: the Garcias.




 Papang driving seriously.


As per my boyfriend's caption, this picture would say, "Ang Dalawang Reyna ng Buhay Ko."


 It was Schen's (his cousin) 21st birthday that day.


 LECHON again!



 This holiday season is making me fat.


Nanay Candy (his Lola), Mamang, and Papang


 Papa Boy (his Tito) and Kuya Jeck (their eldest)


 His cousin Dana opening Mamang's gift


Kuya Jad, cousin Schen, cousin Raray, Papang, and I


 We went to SM SouthMall for a quick strolling. 










Travelling back home


Holidays are the best time to bond and  form relationships with his family.
I will be forever thankful that his family is warm and welcoming. They made me feel I belong.
It was all worth it and overwhelming!

No comments:

Post a Comment